Sunday, December 17, 2006

My Top 5 '90s Christmas Commercials

I've been looking at some old '90s commercials over at Retro Junk and I've come up with 5 of my favorite Christmas commercials from the '90s.

5 (Chia Pet): Okay, this isn't really a Christmas commercial, but they usually only play these around this time of year. This one takes me back.

4 (Cookie Crisp): This was a pretty popular Christmas commercial back in the '90s. Unfortunately, I hardly remember it, but it's slowly coming back to me. Whatever happened to Cookie Crook? By the way, I recorded this and uploaded it to Retro Junk from my famous 1994 Rugrats marathon tape.

3 (Honey Nut Cheerios): Definately a classic commercial. This aired from the mid '90s all the way into the very early '00s. I remember this commercial 100% clearly.

2 (Hershey's Kisses): Another classic commercial that first aired in the early '90s and is still being seen on TV today (Not as often though). This would always be what would officially tell me that Christmas time was here.

1 (McDonald's Lindsay): Out of all the '90s Christmas commercials, this would be the most classic in my book. I remember seeing this commercial during the Garfield Christmas Special and various other specials. These are the kind of commercials that made McDonald's special back in the '90s. McDonald's has sure gone down hill with their advertising lately. Another McDonald's commercial that could have tied would be where Ronald McDonald makes a copy of a kid's snowman because it needs a friend. Unfortunately, I can't find a video of it.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my list and hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

No comments: