Thursday, September 21, 2006

1 Year of Flashback City

The real date is September 20. But I'm making this a day early so I won't forget to do this.

Well, it was a year ago today when I started Flashback City on September 21, 2005. Blog number 3 of the Roadgeek BlogRing. It was also the only blog opening announced at Road City and Carolina Circle City. Now it's only Road City.

Nostalgia has always been an interest to me. What life was like in decades that are no longer. Unfortunately, nostalgia is too underappreciated. That's why I created Flashback City.

Alright, time to for a Flashback Flashback City. Here is a copy of the first post ever made at Flashback City:

"The Roadgeek BlogRing has obtained a new blog called Flashback City.At Flashback City, you can watch old commercials, look at old pictures, and more. Travel back to the 20th Century without the use of a Flux Capacitor or a Life Rewind Button.I have always enjoyed vintage advertising and items that are very hard to find nowadays. I even have a vintage toy collection. I would like to share some of these items and more with you at my new blog."

The roots of Flashback City can be traced back to August 22, 2005. That day, I started a new Road City feature called "Flashback!". The first Road City Flashback was a lot like the current "The Return of 1994". It featured two commercials from my Rugrats marathon tape.

The main decade that Flashback City focuses on is the 1990's. The 1990's, in my opinion, was a wonderful decade. It was the last good-feeling decade.

Flashback City doesn't get update a lot like it should. The problem is is that good nostalgia that's worth of being here comes around rarely. I only save the best nostalgia for Flashback City.

Before I leave you, just remember what Flashback City's slogan is. "Your Past is a Cherished Thing". Think about that.

1 comment:

Livemalls said...

Happy belated anniversay!